Welp…it’s May. I don’t even know how that happened. It’s like I blinked, and almost half the damn year’s over.
So, what’s on my mind…buckle up, I forgot my evening dose of Adderall, and shortly, it’ll probably be pretty obvious.
- The biggest thing on my mind right now, are my lungs and their inability to function properly. I’m now in day 8 of the worst asthma flare I’ve had in years. The breathing treatments and the steroids are helping, but I’m not back to normal yet. But, I’m slowly getting there.
- I’m really proud of my daughter. She just finished up her final term of her undergrad degree, and we’re all thrilled. My baby now has a degree in psych. And she had to learn a harsh management lesson today. She’s the manager of a neighborhood ice cream shop, and one of her employees had to be written up several times for being on her phone instead of working. Well, she got pissed about that and decided to be incredibly hurtful. My daughter, as a lot of you know, is transgender. Since she came out, I’m grateful to say that she’s been surrounded with far more love and support than negativity. However, that hasn’t been the case with this particular employee who decided that misgendering her and talking shit about the fact that she’s trans was the way to vent her anger. My daughter’s boss told her that he didn’t want a bigot working for him, and that my daughter could fire her or, if she didn’t feel comfortable, he’d do it. My daughter opted to do it, and while she didn’t enjoy it, she’s feeling good about standing up for herself. And I’m feeling good about that, too.
- As I’m typing up this post, there are: 38 Days: 10 Hours: 35 Minutes: 03 Seconds ’til Jenny Trout and I leave to meet Jess Jarman and Kris Norris for our annual writing retreat! (Not that I’m counting.)
- My mom is knitting me, quite possibly, the coolest sweater in the world. I’ll show it off when it’s done.
- I’m still dealing quite a bit with depression and anxiety and difficulty writing, but I’m hoping that I’m coming to the end of this stretch.
- My husband is very loudly rustling the Skinny Pop bag, and I may have to stab him.
- #cockygate is an amazingly awful train wreck I can’t look away from while simultaneously being horrified and disgusted that it’s even happening. My husband is also super invested–to the point where I read him tweets in the morning while he’s getting ready for work.
- Did you know you can actually bruise your throat from coughing? Well, you can. 0/10 – Do not recommend.
- My husband smashed a spider for my daughter using his phone. But he realized he only got half of it. He grabbed some tissue to wipe up the rest, and the OTHER HALF WAS FUCKING GONE. Also 0/10 Really do not recommend. (I’m actively considering burning down the house.)
- I have a new gig on Monday nights. I’m babysitting for a dear friend and her hilarious and adorable kids. They absolutely crack me up and remind me about the good parts about doing daycare.
- It’s very difficult to find a 2018 calendar in mid-May.
- I’ve been listening to the narration for OUT OF SYNC, and holy fuck, you guys, this dude’s voice is INSANELY HOT.
- I need to get some fabric samples together for a project.
- I’m feeling at a bit of a loss, because I don’t know what book to release next.
- In other book news, and a segue that makes sense, I’ve gotten all my rights returned from various publishers, so I’ll be re-editing and re-releasing a bunch of books. But, not all at once. That would be overwhelming. First up, will be what was formerly known as The Witch Way series. It’s now bundled into one, and it’s called The Charmed Collections, and I absolutely cannot wait to show you guys the freaking gorgeous cover Norris made me! It’s stunning.
Okay, so this is probably enough brain scramble for tonight. I’ve gotta get upstairs and do another breathing treatment and try to get some sleep. I’d actually like to write tomorrow.
Be sure to check out the other authors’ brain dumps, too.