Brynn’s mom sent me this survey and I thought it was really fun. I’d love to read your memories too, if you feel like posting them to your blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, but that’s where hubby comes in. He’s much neater than I am.
2. Real or fake tree? Fake. I’m allergic to real ones.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it han’t happened yet this year.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Meh…I’m indifferent
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Sunshine Family and their super awesome hippie craft shop – seriously, there was even a pottery wheel and a spinning wheel. For those of you who didn’t grow up in the 70s (or have a hippie-dippie mom) let me enlighten you.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister, Cait.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? A Precious Moments clown figurine. I hate Precious Moments figurines and I’m terrified of clowns. There’s nothing like a heartfelt shriek of terror on Christmas morning.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail…if I get around to doing it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally I start in August, but it hasn’t turned out that way this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom’s fudge
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? I can’t have just one…Coventry Carol, Carol of the Bells, What Child is This? And John Lennon’s Happy Christmas…Okay, if I’m gonna be completely honest, I have to add my 80s fav, Do They Know It’s Christmas.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I travel to my mom’s, my aunt’s my dad’s and my mother-in-law’s – but all of them are within an hour of my house.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Yepper
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A grapevine star with a little field mouse dangling from it – its’ sooo cute.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning with the boys and whenever we schedule the other get-togethers with everyone else.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Icy roads and heavy traffic.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with my crazy-ass family – they’re the best.