You’ve been an absolute twatwaffle, and we’re all sick of your shit. So, from the bottom of my heart,
Yes, it’s that time of year–time to look back and plan ahead. And 2017 has been an utter clusterfuck personally and professionally and definitely politically. But I’m not giving up.
On the professional front, here’s what I accomplished.
- I wrote 76 scheduled blog posts (36 of those posts were flash fiction stories) + 29 unscheduled blog posts = 105 total posts and 56,817 total words.
- I edited 36 client books for a total of 1,417,190 words.
- I audio prepped 26 novels.
- I wrote and published a novel that I truly love and am really proud of plus a short story and progress on other books for a total of 108,452 words.
- I read 39 books that were just for pleasure/education.
It wasn’t what I’d hoped to accomplish, but it rarely ever is. However, I’m not giving up, so there’s that.
For 2018, my goals are pretty simple. Some are tangible and some are less so.
Write more. I’d like to publish more than one book next year. I’m aiming for 3-4.
- Complete all my scheduled blog posts.
- Complete all scheduled edits and audio preps.
- Be kinder and more understanding.
- Be far gentler with myself than I have been.
- Work to find the positive in situations instead of immediately succumbing to negativity.
- Work harder to be a positive force in this world and help when and where I can.
- Take actual breaks and veg once in a while.
- Remember to regularly appreciate all the fucking awesome things I have going for me. Highest on that list are my amazing family, friends, and readers. And, of course, my kitties.
Thank you to all of you who stop by the blog or social media to chat, send me email, read my books, review my books, send me t-rex videos and cats in Christmas tree pics, and all of the rest of the wonderful things you all bring to my life. You’ve made 2017 far more bearable, and I have to believe that together, we can make it through 2018, too.
Be sure to check out Jess‘ yearly wrap up and goals, too.